Found this recipe at Food.com and then tweaked it just a little. These are JD safe and they turned out moist and yummy!
- 2 cups flour (I used 1 cup white flour and 1 cup whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemons or 1 tablespoon oranges or 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- I also added 1 mashed banana from the variations below
- 1 -2 mashed banana
- 1/2 cup raisins with 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup blueberries or 1/2 cup fruit
Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
- Mix all ingredients until combined. Do not overmix!
- Spoon into prepared muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees for 20-35 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Makes 12 muffins