I am so excited (and pleasantly surprised) that Our Family Forest has received the "Stylish Blogger Award!" So thank you Berry Patch for recognizing my blog! The Berry Patch blog has been helpful and inspiring in so many ways! Thank you for encouraging me to try blogging, it has been a huge creative release for me! Many thanks!
Paying it Forward, here are the rules:
- Thank and link back to the person (or people) who awarded you this award
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
- Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award
Seven Things About Me
1. I am a full time wife and mom but I also have a Bachelors Degree of Science in Nursing from Messiah College. I work part-time as a Registered Nurse on a Medical/Surgical Floor at a local Hospital.
2. I am married to an amazing man who I met and married in 2002. We love camping, hunting, playing sports, renovating, and getting away together! Although, that last one, is an extremely rare occurrence!
3. I am mother to three children that bless my life in countless ways! I am currently homeschooling my oldest two, while our one year old just keeps us moving and laughing!
4. I have been a part of a local MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group as the coordinator for about 4 years now. I love this group of women and all that we learn from one another! I would highly recommend any mom with small children to look into find a MOPS group near you!
5. At eight months pregnant, I traveled into the deep woods of Maine to go on a Moose hunt. Getting a moose permit is a once in a lifetime opportunity, as it is done by lottery. So this was my big opportunity, pregnant belly and all! My husband and I brought home a trophy moose (It weighed 891 lbs, the spread was 52 5/8, and scored 172 1/8 with MASTC, for anyone who may be interested in hunting excursions!) which is now mounted on our living room wall. And yes, I did shoot it myself... at eight months pregnant!
6. I have a deep passion for sports! In my B.C. years I played soccer, basketball, and softball. I even had the awesome opportunity to play Division III softball at the college level, which ranks pretty high on my list of favorite times! Someday I hope to have the time and the fitness level to be able to get back on a field again! For now, I cheer on the Red Sox!
7. I had horses growing up. A saddle bred mare named "An Illusive Dream" or "Lucy" and a quarter horse, appaloosa gelding named "Buckshot" or "Buck". My not-so-secret dream is to have horses once again and to combine my love of horses with my nursing skills by opening a therapeutic riding center.
Passing it on:
I am fairly new to blogging but there have been several blogs that I have found encouraging, interesting or special for one reason or another.
1. Love in Action- This is one of my favorite blogs. Janine is so transparent in her blog. She is devoted to her family and her faith; She was raised in South Africa and it brings a certain flare to her blog!
2. Write at Home Mom - Mom and Freelance writer. Her humor and witty way with words is sure to make you smile!
3. Doodledidit- A wife and mother, raising a teenager and a toddler. This blog also has a touch of exposure to the Chinese culture! A very well done blog!
4. Food Allergy Family Fun- We recently learned that our 14 month old has several food allergies. This blog is about a mom who shares her experiences with food allergies and has recipe ideas to share. I am fan of this blog!
5. Living the Good Life- This self-proclaimed "Food Detective" has created a very helpful blog for those of us facing the challenges of food allergies. A very helpful resource!
6. Baby's Journey Home- We started following this blog to stay in touch with friends who are states away. This blog is the story of one family who are inspiring in so many ways! It has been a blessing for us to follow.
7. Four Wellings- Stunning photography that surpasses most! It does help that her children are naturally beautiful to look at, but Hannah captures life's moments in an exquisite way. On my list of favorite blogs to visit! ...What more can the heart of a man desire? " -Tolstoy
8. 4EverMom- A blog full of great mom ideas from science experiments to recipes to a little dose of reality. Worth stopping by!
9. 52 Week Preschool- This mom shares her daily routine of homeschooling a preschooler. She does a fabulous job of showcasing their curriculum, projects, and books that they are reading with a lot of visuals. A great blog!
10. Boys Rule My Life- Becky defines herself as "Conservative Christian. Happy wife and striving help meet. Homeschooling mama to three boys." This blogs is full of great homeschool projects with great pictures to check out! Excellent blog for homeschoolers!
11. Joy in the Journey A homeschooling mom of three who believes her home is her mission field. I love the up-beat tone of her blog!
12. One Thing Spoken, Two Things Heard- I would describe this blog as a rolling blessings list. You are bound to find something to be thankful for while reading this blog! And they are considering homeschooling, which is obviously dear to my heart!
13. Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers- I love how she embraces the irony of this stereotype and does such a magnificent job of proving they are anything but! A fun and witty blog to follow! Check this out on Fridays for a fun Weekly Wrap Up meme!
14. While He was Napping- This crafty mom is full of great ideas for crafts! Its perfect if you happen to fall into the "less crafty" category and could use a few ideas!
15. Why Homeschool- I love this site. You'll find a homeschool advocate who is not afraid to tackle political issues with a little bit of humor. Its well done.